Disciples Made, Inc. (“Our company,” “we,” “us,” “our”) knows that you care how information about you is used and shared. This policy describes what information we collect when you visit our site(s) and how that information is used.
Information We Collect
We collect three types of information at our site, and we collect it in two different ways.
The three types of information we collect are general information, personal information and performance data.
- General information includes non-personal information from visitors to the site (such as the time of day the site is accessed, the IP address of the visitor, the site from which the visitor comes or the site to which the visitor goes after leaving our sites, which pages of our site the visitor visits, etc.), information in aggregate form (such as statistics relating to the number and frequency of visitors, which pages are visited most frequently), and information in de-personalized form (such as the number of visitors of a certain gender or age, or the number of visitors from a certain region, etc.). If you have provided us with personal information, general information can be coupled with your personal information, or it can be de-coupled from your personal information.
- Personal information is specific to you and includes such things as your e-mail address, name, and mailing address. This type of information is sometimes called “personally identifiable information.” This may also include information that you provided via your registration to Our Company services.
- Performance data refers to data input by users as they use services available on the site.
The two ways in which we collect information are by you directly providing the information, or by us indirectly monitoring and collecting the information.
- Information you directly provide refers to any information that you actually input into the site and provide to us. For example, when you register to access various portions of the site, you are required to provide certain information (such as name, email address, username, password, content you post, etc.), and when you subscribe to various services on the site, you are required to provide certain additional information (such as credit card information, billing address, etc.).
How We Use Information We Collect
Anonymous General Information and Performance Data
Our Company uses general information and performance data that has been de-coupled from any personal information for a broad range of purposes. For example:
- We may use de-personalized performance data to help assess the effectiveness of various training materials and may use the results of these assessments to improve those training materials;
- We may use de-personalized general data to determine characteristics of visitors to our site, which characteristics may be used to improve our site and services or to better market our services; and
- We may provide any of this data to unaffiliated third parties for the same or similar uses (e.g., we may provide de-personalized performance data to unaffiliated third parties, such as research institutions, universities, hospitals, physicians or clinicians, who may use that data for research and other purposes).
Our Company uses personal information we collect to provide you with information, products or services you order or subscribe to. Where the information, product or service is one that is offered on our site but provided by a third party, we will provide your personal information to that third party solely for the purpose of providing you the information, product or service that you ordered. Unless you authorize us to, as further discussed below, the third party will be instructed not to use your information for the purpose of offering you any other information, product or service.
We may also use personal information that is coupled with general information and performance data to improve your experience on our site by providing you with information that is relevant to you.
Our Company may also use personal information we collect (including any corresponding general information and performance data) to provide you information about other information, products or services offered by Our Company. If you do not wish to receive these kinds of communications, you can opt out by sending an email to [email protected], or by changing your profile on the site (if allowed).
Our Company will not provide personal information we collect (excluding associated general data and performance data) to third parties, including our affiliates and including unaffiliated third party business partners, to enable them to provide you information about their information, products or services.
Note, Our Company may provide any of the above information to our service providers, but our service providers will be instructed not to use the information for their own benefit, they may only use the information as necessary to provide services to Our Company.
How We Use Publicly Posted Information
How We Use Feedback to Our Company
Our Company has feedback functionality on the site that allows you to submit comments, suggestions, or bugs found. Our Company may collect your name or username and email address to follow up with you or thank you for a suggestion.
Our Company cares about protecting the security and integrity of your personal information. To that end, we have put in place reasonable security procedures and practices to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
Information Provided to Third Party sites Linked to Our Site
Correction/Updating of Personal Information
If you wish to change any personal information you have provided, you may do so via email at [email protected].
Release of Information for Legal Reasons
Our Company may release information concerning your use of Our Company (including, but not limited to, posted Public Content, registration information, and network records) when it believes in good faith that such release is appropriate to comply with the law (for example, pursuant to a statutory demand, subpoena, warrant, or court order), to protect against fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of the site, to protect Our Company’s rights or property, enforce any contract between you and Our Company, or if Our Company reasonably believes that a situation involving danger of death or injury to any person requires disclosure.
Protection of Minors
Use of this site is not intended for children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to register on this site or purchase subscriptions, or use any functionality for which registration or subscription is required. Our Company will not knowingly collect information from these children. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be removed, please contact us [email protected] Any information submitted by a child under the age of 13 onto a public forum controlled by Our Company will remain public until we have been notified of such publication and have had reasonable opportunity to remove that information accordingly.
Revision Date: 12.11.18
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides California residents with certain additional rights as it relates to their personal information.